We are a Boston based venture-backed mobile startup that helps people become better at sports using video analysis and expert coaching. Our iOS Apps have more than 1.5M downloads and are used by athletes and coaches across 30 sports around the world. We are on our way to become the premier solution that helps people improve at sports and are expanding our team to make it happen.
3 reasons to join Ubersense:
- If you love sports, at Ubersense you can make a career out of it. Our team comprises people who play sports actively in spite of the long hours we put in at work. We eat our own dog food, so to speak, and enjoy ourselves as a result.
- If you love fast-paced innovative work cultures, Ubersense is perfect for you. You will help realize and influence the vision of the company and get to quickly iterate on products that positively influence the lives of people around the world. We are a small, high-performance startup where you can make progress very quickly.
- If you are exceptional at creating and marketing awesome products, Ubersense is the place to excel. We take pride in our work and strive to create beautifully designed products that we also want to use. We empower our team members for continuous learning, being highly creative and having fun while doing it.
What You'll Do:
- Join our team of mobile engineers working in a fast paced startup environment.
- Develop, launch and expand the Ubersense App on the Android platform.
- Collaborate with our product team to define and own features from inception through development, release and customer adoption.
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years experience building and publishing Android apps. Proficient in Java and Android SDK, mobile device multi-threading and memory management, REST APIs and data persistence frameworks (no/sql or similar).
- Experience with Android multimedia/video APIs a big plus. A robust sense of mobile product design and desire to learn and iterate based on customer adoption and feedback.
- Action-oriented, detail oriented and skills to drive projects to completion.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science degree or 5+ years in relevant work experience.
How We Work:
- You will be part of the early team at a startup ranked as one of the most disruptive companies by TIME magazine.
- We have a fast paced, product-first culture where data-informed actions and results speak louder than HiPPOs (we do like animals though).
- We are have flexible work-hours, take breaks playing table-tennis or a round of video games and company outings to various sport events.
If you are passionate about what we do, have the skills we are looking for and excited about the opportunity to make a difference then submit your application with links to your github repo and Google Plays Apps you have worked on to: join at ubersense dot com
UI Design Intern
We're looking for a passionate designer to help us develop our mobile interfaces, web designs and more. You will collaborate directly with our Director of User Experience to create awesome work. You have a great sense for color theory, typography and design fundamentals. You have designed detailed interface elements and you love sweating the details. You want to create things that are beautiful and usable and you've got the skills to make it happen.
- A portfolio of design work.
- Excellent visual design skills, including an eye for good typography, composition, and use of color.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and other graphic editing tools.
Huge-plus, if you have
- Experience working with Rails.
- Mobile chops.
- Past startup experience.
- Demonstrated ability to program complex and dynamic HTML web sites.
- A strong handle on cross-browser compatibility.
Benefits and Perks
- Cash compensation.
- You'll be among the first key hires in the team, so a significant room to grow in a fast growing startup.
- Flexible work-hours.
- Company outings: Red Sox at Fenway Park, Golf games, etc.